Job 33:28

Thursday, February 17, 2011

When I was in high school I developed hay fever allergies.  It was a mystery at first, I thought I had a crazy cold for about a month until I realized it was possible to suddenly develop allergies.  I had a few allergy related sinus infections in college- I move around a lot after that so I don't recall having a problem until about 4 or 5 years ago when I started getting a yearly allergy/sinus infection attack.  I normally get it in the fall- I figured it was ragweed- famous in TX for it's allergy inducing pollen. 

I didn't have a problem this year though- until now.  Late winter/early spring allergies.  In the past I tried to wait it out.  I waited for 5 days this time.  I thought it might dry up after a few days since it didn't seem really serious.  Boy was I wrong.  I don't know that this was really as much about allergies this time as it was the infection.  I don't know much about sinuses, but there must be a front and a back.  I've had 'front' sinus problems before.  Pain in my forehead and around my eyes.  Drainage from my nose like water works etc.  What I have going on now is the 'back' kind.  It's all in my throat and down my neck and up to my ears. 

I'm coughing and hacking and wheezing and retching and making any manner of awful sounds as though I were orally birthing an alien race.  Some of the stuff that comes up sort of looks like that too.  I went to the doctor yesterday and he gave me antibiotics, nasal spray, allergy meds, and codeine cough syrup.  He said the syrup would help me sleep, so don't take it if I'm going to drive.   I took it last night before bed   and I swear it made me twitchy.  Great.  I'm one of the freaks for whom codeine causes "excitability."  Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about driving after I take it. 

TGTF (Thank God Tomorrow's Friday)

PS I want to see Gnomeo and Juliette!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for this nice post 111213

Anonymous said...

thanks for this tips 2218153698