Job 33:28

Thursday, August 05, 2010

I want to write blogs, but I keep getting distracted by the stupid news stories to be found on MSN.  "Waitress fired for comment on Facebook."  Duh, tard, if you use your company name and insult their customers- it's a safe bet they won't like that.  Prince is being sued for painting his rental house purple, Prince is being sued for canceling a concert in Dublin, Prince is being sued for a multiplicity of other things- sucks to be Prince.

We just finished Testing for the Summer session, TGTO- Thank God That's Over!  It is all computerized testing, and there were literally students in tears screaming at their computers in an effort to complete the test.  Not screaming because they were angry, just in an effort to be understood.  What a mess.

So I was driving the other day, late for a meeting when I heard a loud POP-SMACK-HISS!!!  In the hatchback.  I thought something was going bad wrong with my car- I'd never heard anything like that before, but I'm driving a hybrid who knows what crazy things might happen.   All the hair on the back of my head stood on end- now I know how my dog feels when he gets freaked out. 

Before I pulled over to investigate I realized that one of the cans in the case of sodas I'd bought the day before had exploded.  No problem, I figured it was still in the case, and if the case was right side up, the soda that wasn't on my back window as probably still in the can. 

When I pulled over I realized things had been happening while I was at work.  The temperature has been over 100 all week- all but four of the cans had exploded.  They had exploded out of the case, like rockets, they were all over the back of the car.  The carpet was soaked.  There was diet cherry 7-Up all over the windows, the carpet, the back of the seats.  One can had exploded so hard it scratched the factory tinting off the window.  Not cool.  So, I knew that I had to empty the ones that hadn't exploded so that I didn't get an even bigger mess.  I picked up the first unexploded can.  It immediately exploded all over my shirt.  I emptied out the remainder of the can in the parking lot.  I picked up the second unexploded can, it immediately exploded all over my pants.  I emptied the remainder of the can in the grass.  I picked up the third unexploded can, carefully pointing it away from me.  It seemed a little more stable than the first too, but as I went to press on the tab, the top popped up and jammed my thumb hard, so I dropped it on the ground, and it exploded all over my shoes.  I picked up the forth unexploded can threw it down on the ground and ran away screaming.

Needless to say I did not make it to my appointment.

When I cleaned out the car later I found one can under the front seat- I don't even want to know how it got there.  On a good note I also found a ring I had forgotten I'd lost.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

jayme @ Losing Half My Weight said...

*laughing* the story of your 7-up cans exploding is great! (although i'm sure it wasn't at the time) thanks for the laugh today. i'm subscribing so i don't miss any more.

Anonymous said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working ,great job!

Anonymous said...

Ah!!! at last I found what I was looking for. Somtimes it takes so much effort to find even tiny useful piece of information.