Job 33:28

Friday, August 20, 2010

I officially have internet- ie I'm no longer stealing it from neighbors. I don't know if it's really stealing though if they just leave it lying around for anybody to pick up . . . Of course my internet doesn't work in the office, where the desk top computer is, it only works in the living room, where the ages old lap top is. I'll have to call about that.

I think the rest of August and going forward into the holiday season I need to have a consolidation plan. No more buying stuff, more getting rid of stuff. The problem is that buying stuff is kind of fun. Unfortunately I have lots of stuff I haven't used.

I was considering last night the uncommon pleasure I get from using all of something. Little things like all the ink out of a ball point pen. It's silly, a pen that was probably free- but I feel far more satisfied with a pen that has truly run out of ink than with one that has just stopped working. I like using scraps of fabric and yarn, I love getting to the end of a tube of lipstick, or reading a book and sending it on its way to the next reader. (Although that last one can be kinda sad it if was a really good book.)

So, it's time to see the end of more things. The end of the yards and yards of fabric in my closet, the end of the boxes and baskets of yarn, the end of the collection of make up I've had since the dawning of history. The end of the stack of ESL books, and cook books, and kids books, the end of bags and purses I don't use, shoes I don't wear and clothes that don't fit. The end is near.

No comments: