Job 33:28

Sunday, June 06, 2010

This is my nine hundred and fifty second post.  Terribly exciting to be sure.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night I had a dream that I went to church and we opened the hymnal and sang an ABBA song.  In my dream I was wondering if ABBA sang a hymn or if the church included an ABBA song in the hymnal.

People need hope, people need loving
People need trust from a fellow man
People need love to make a good living
People need faith in a helping hand

La la la la, la la la la-la, la la la la la la la-la la la

La la la la, la la la la-la, la la la la la la la-la la laa...


Sang ABBA and the church people in my dream.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I went to church this morning and guess what?!
They didn't sing any ABBA songs.  Drat.

They were all extremely friendly though.  That has got to be the friendliest church I've been to in a very long time.   I think nearly everyone greeted me.  Of course they were all over 65 years old- and there were less then 50 of them.  They seem like a pretty active church and the music minister and the preacher both seemed so earnest in their leadership of the elderly.  I liked it.  I might go back again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm thinking about taking a dance class for the rhythmically challenged.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I made a giraffe this weekend.  It actually took a long time, but I spent alot of time watching TV/movies on my computer an crocheting that little booger.  I would include a pic. but my camera battery died.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I realized today that the world could be coming to and end and I probably wouldn't know.  I don't have a TV, I don't listen to the radio and if the news isn't flashing on my screen, I don't read it online.   A little over a month ago a woman in the elevator said, "It's terrible!  If I had school aged children in China I'd keep them all home!"  I said, "Oh yeah, me too,"  although I had no idea what she was talking about. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember on 9/11/01 I was driving in Ft. Worth.  I didn't have a radio in my car, so when traffic completely stopped for no reason I had no idea that there was anything wrong with the world other than perhaps a flat tire up ahead.
I was on my way to a meeting at a hotel for a job I had just started.  When I got there I asked about the meeting at the front desk.  The guy said he didn't know about it and pointed at the TV in the lobby.  When I looked at it I saw the Pentagon was on fire.I said, "What's that?"  The guy next to me said, "Saddam Hussein blew up the Pentagon and the Twin Towers."  I watched the footage for about 30 minutes and went home.  Then I watched to footage for the next 3 days.

I worked that job for about a week after that- it was an awful job, and the people I was working with were completely ignorant.
One day one of them told me that she had heard that someone had thrown a smoke bomb into a mausoleum.  I asked her why anyone would do that.  She said it was because they hated Muslims.  I said, "Buy why would they throw a smoke bomb into a mausoleum?  Where there people in there?"  She said, "Oh yes, of course- it was church time."  I was beginning to think it would be easier to hold a conversation with a cat when she said, "You know, Muslims call their churches mausoleums." 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

This post should count as like 6 posts.
-------------------------------------
I'm gonna go get my hair cut.

No comments: