Job 33:28

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hours past-the summer is looking good for the horned frogs- I've been doing some contract work and some summer work with Texas Christian Univeristy in Fort Worth.  When I found out about the Univeristy of Dallas program closing, TCU was one of the first places I sent my resume.  The director there contacted  me to thank me for my resume and to let me know that they didn't have any openings. 

That was expected at the time as it was in the middle of the year, and most school don't hire until the summer or fall.  In April he contacted me again to let me know he had an outside contract position open and possibly a few summer hours in the regular university program open.  I took the contract and was told I would get 15 summer 1 classroom (one month) hours.  15 became 20, summer 1 got the addition of  summer 3 as well, which led to an addition of summer 2 for 15 hours which became summer 2 for 20 hours and finally an addition of "some fall hours." 

I expect 15 fall hours because one of the teachers recently became the assistant director.  A full time teacher teaches 20 hours a week, but the  assistant direct teaches 5 hours a week, which means there is always at least one part time teacher. 

That's okay though- God has brought me this far.  I know this is a God thing for two reasons:  1.  I was offered the job because someone else got something "better."  I mean I do hope it is always better for the other person- because it wouldn't have been better for me.  I was invited to apply for that assistant director position, but I didn't feel like it would be a good fit for me.  The 2nd thing is that the last thing on my chronological resume is my position as Journeyman with the International Mission Board.  Both the director at UD and the one at TCU have ties with the Southter Baptist Convention and the International Mission Board- possitive ones- so that's great for me!

No comments: