Job 33:28

Monday, March 22, 2010

I finished a doll this weekend. She’s sort of Sally-Nightmare-Before-Christmas-style. She’s got sad eyes and purposefully showing stitches on her hair. Uh- it seemed like a good idea at the time. I realized after I was done that I shouldn’t have done that, as well as that one of the eyes was on upside down hence the sadness . . . These are the trials of doll makers, at least inept doll makers. It does make me want to try it again this time with happy eyes and not-so-Frankenstein-hair.



It’s kind of cloudy in my apartment- I got a little too excited about my ‘Smoking Penguin’ humidifier.



There are egg shells in the bathroom trash- as that is where I cooked the eggs. I have a kitchen/bathroom, which is awkward to say the least. I believe my efficiency would be more efficient if it even pretended to have a kitchenette. I have a standard fridge, a microwave, a toaster oven an electric griddle, and a rice maker. The sink and the most convenient counter space is in the bathroom. It does encourage one to keep it clean- all the time.



Today was the first day of spring. The snow is melting- this winter was crazy! Although, the weather people say there will be lots of bluebonnets on account of all the rain and snow.



I finished DEB’s birthday llama. The hand was a big hit (for some, for others it was just another crazy thing.)



I’m currently working on finishing some PSPs (previously started projects.) Since I finished the doll with such fabulous success-(cough)- I’m now working on Sack Boy. Head, arms, legs- done, body in the works- improvised mouth, sewing together and embellishments to go.



I would make a statement about what I might finish next, but let’s face it, most likely I’ll not be in the mood for finishing any other PSPs after Sack Boy.

No comments: