Job 33:28

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I got a teaching job.  It's almost the same hours as the last job, but at 1/3 the pay I'm just going to pretend it's part time.  It's a small vocational college in Dallas.  I guess they just started this esl program.  Their literature says they have six levels, but it looks like only two to me. 

Somebody quit at the last minute and I got her job.  Strangely familiar.  That's how I got my last job.  It's not alot of work, and I figured I can start my alternative certification while I'm working there.  Along with the unemployment money I'm getting I'm almost up to half wages! (yes I can work and get unemployment at the same time, it's because I'm only working part time and at a much decreased wage) 

I'm going to go look at a tiny appartment today.  It's kind of interesting to be poor- it presents challenges that more people should be prepared to undertake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so... um... congratulations!
every now and then I check the blog just to see if you're alive. glad you are.