Job 33:28

Sunday, January 10, 2010


I've rediscovered why I decided to not talk too much. People who talk a lot tend to sound so dumb-opinionated, prejudiced, over proud, ignorant, dogmatic.
I have been known to be overly critical.
So I say a lot of dumb things- yeah we all do at times. But I've heard so many dumb things repeated this trip. I just think- really? Sounds like pride in these words of dumb.
"I don't care about history, politics or current events." Ok- some people don't, but they should at least be a little embarrassed to say it out loud.
"I don't want my daughter to marry her black boy friend because I want my grandchildren to look like me."
"Traveling in America is so boring, everyone speaks English."
"Spanish isn't worth learning, everyone in Texas speaks it."
"American English is broken."
Among others-
Not repeated, but a long conversation revolving around:
"I'm pretty smart and athletic- I will marry a woman with mental and athletic prowess so that my children will be superior." Um- sure everyone wants their children to be pretty and smart, and they want to mate with someone who is like them in the things that are important to them, but maybe we don't need to talk about producing superior children to the general public- keep that thought on the inside, or if you want to let it out put it in the correct context. The idealism of this guy was off the charts- I do hope his children are perfect else his world crumble.
Even a fool can be thought wise if he doesn't open his mouth.

No comments: