Job 33:28

Monday, October 19, 2009

pooh- i think i have the flu

If I do have the flu at least it's mild (at the moment)
To console myself on my bad luck- I bought one single serving of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream, and some 'Air Borne' and some Tylenol cold and allergy. I think the ice cream helped the most.

I rarely watch the news, but it came on while I was sitting on the sofa feeling flu-like so I watched it. It seems some 'feral hogs' have been tormenting some home owners in Dallas. I didn't stay long enough to get the whole report. I did stay long enough to see a report on a 'tractor-trailer, a herd of cattle, a high powered rifle and a high (and sometimes slow) speed chase through Wise County' I'd say that has the elements of a fine Country and Western song.

It seems some young guy was on a ranch and high, he thought taking a joy ride in a loaded semi would be fun, so he stole a truck full of cows and drove through 4 or 5 cities between the speeds of 5-80mph. Finally the police got in front of him, waved everyone off the road and shot his tires out. He kept driving for 3 miles . . . he must have been really high.

More on the flu- one of my students said he was very sick over the weekend and now he felt "soft." He asked me what was the word for feeling "soft." The first word that came to my mind was 'flaccid' but that's not the way to describe how you feel when you are getting over being sick, so I told him 'droopy, limp, or lifeless'

Flaccid

No comments: