Job 33:28

Monday, August 31, 2009

There's this guy in my almost-graduate class who is too stinking cute.

Most of the students are internationals "fresh off the boat" as my mother would have said in an undoubtedly non-politically correct way. A few are internationals who were educated in the US and every semester there are one or two American students. The program is designed to be a prep course for those who would like to start their MBAs, but don't have any business background.

The cute one is American. It's not so much his looks- yeah he's not hard to look at, but what got me was he seems to have this "everything is great! I love it here!" attitude. It's great!

Rarely do the American students want to be there. At least the internationals are glad to be making their first steps into an American MBA- which in most of their countries is a big-freaking-deal.

Last week he was dressed like a good-ole-boy- jeans, plaid shirt, scuffed up boots and belt- I asked him where he was from, he said "Conneticut!" I told him it looked like he was assimilating to his new country of Texas well.

I told my co-teacher that I noticed his exceedingly possitive attitude and she said, "I know! Isn't he cute? I'm glad he's in your class, he would distract me."

Here's to the cute Conneticut cowboy- going against all odds to be a Yankee and cheerful at the same time! :0)

No comments: