Job 33:28

Sunday, August 30, 2009

So- last night I finished a "nut cracker" doll. Just a rag doll really. She's ok- first attempt on any pattern is always a bit off- I think. I didn't quite follow the pattern (what's new) and I didn't really understand the bit about the skirt, so I just made it up as I went. It turned out acceptable.

Today I decided to make another one (because I got over excited when I started embroidering faces, and made four or five faces) this time with the correct skirt. So I made the skirt, and turns out my mistake looked cuter than the 'real' thing.

I sat there and looked at her for a while, thinking maybe she would grow on me.
Then I thought, 'Maybe somebody else will love this skirt.'
Then I thought, 'Who cares what somebody else will love?! I'm making this doll!'
So- I ripped the skirt off, tore out all the stitches, and laid the fabric across the sewing machine- tomorrow's another day.

Below are links which make me jealous- the first one is one the woman who made the pattern for the nutcracker doll- the picture of the doll on the front cover of her book is there.

posy gets cozy
molly chicken

No comments: