Job 33:28

Sunday, June 14, 2009

randomly she would like to point out:

There's a student in my graduate class that goes on and on about how stupid blogs, facebook and twitter are. "Who cares what you had for lunch?" she questions. Obviously people do care. I'm not sure why- they just do some times. I told her that occasionally I have something interesting to say on my ancient outdated blog. Like about the time I saw that monkey doing push ups on the street . . . then I thought, no, actually I don't think I ever did write a blog about that.

I have my students in IEP (English program) reading Blink. They have to read it, summarize it, present it, come up with vocabulary for it and we discuss it in class. We are sure to be sick of it by the end of the month. Because I have the highest level class, I normally never get the funny stories of students misusing words or phrases like the lower level teachers. On Friday, however, I got a good laugh. The students had come up with a vocabulary worksheet which included the words "badge" and "utter" (adj). There was a fill in the blank exercise and the sentence was, "They were checking every one's ___ before they came in." One student said "utters." I started laughing and they didn't see why that wrong answer was so funny. I had told them that "utter" (adj) meant completely and that utter (v) meant to say something. I hadn't mentioned that udder (n) meant cow tits. I didn't think it would come up in conversation. I'm often wrong.

I watched The Red Shoes Diaries last night- I don't think I would have finished it if it hadn't been for David Duchuvney. I tried to decide why I've always thought he was so dang cute. I don't normally go all weird about movie stars- ok yeah Brad Pitt is handsome, but whatever-ehh. Robert Redford- yes. Christopher Reaves yes. That vampire kid with the messy hair- ehh. Any way- I'm going to say his lips and maybe his hair. I don't know.
The movie was terrible. The characters were too intense. They weren't believable. I don't recommend it unless you want to see some David eye-candy too. To give away the whole thing- to save 1 hour and 45 minutes of your life-
Two young professionals are in love. They live together, share everything together, know all the secrets of each other- the woman feels she has given away all her secrets- so she has an affair with a shoe salesman (he's a very hot shoe salesman.) She realizes her mistake, she tries to break it off, but the shoe guy is too intense, he loves her (although he doesn't know her name) he must have her. She can't deny him. So she kills herself. Then poor David, the fiance who finds her body and doesn't understand, finds her diary and reads about the whole affair. He finds the shoe guy, he challenges him to a game of basketball (I don't know!) First David is winning, then shoe guy- finally shoe guy finds out that his lover is dead so he punches out David. David places an add in the news paper for women to send him their diaries so that he can understand his loss.

Blah.

I steamed a cake in the crock pot tonight. Just to see what would happen. It's weird. Not bad, just weird.

I crocheted a pear this weekend.

Seems like I had something important to say, but I can't think of anything important at all.

I had cheesy spaghetti for dinner because I didn't have any elbows and I didn't want to eat anything red. (Except Kool-aid)

I've decided to stop buying nonperishable foods. Not forever, just until I run out of what I have. I have alot. I waste alot of food. So-it's me and the cheesy spaghetti .

I put my plastic blender container in the dishwasher. It was not dishwasher safe. Now the lid doesn't fit. Drat! I have to put plastic wrap on it when I want to blend. I blend at least twice a week lately.

No comments: