Job 33:28

Thursday, April 23, 2009

my tomato plants have blossoms-I find that strangely exciting

I just finished making a baby blanket- for no baby in particular

I made a six month resolution to stop buying yarn- one month down

I'm reading Harry Potter 6- but I'm having a hard time remembering 5- geeze how long ago was that?

my mouth wants something salty, but my stomach couldn't care less

it's really hard to teach a class of five students- we just rattle around in our tomb of a classroom

speaking of tombs- the fact that the preacher mispronounced sepulcher on Easter Sunday still makes me smile- not so much that he mispronounced, but how he made it sound- saPLECKer it wasn't an accident- he meant to say it that way. For all I know that's how it's pronounced in the original Latin- but the non-standard-ness of it . . . well :)

he also said Jesus must have died on Wednesday- that's counter-culture and new to me, but some other people seemed to think it was A-okay- something about the Passover sabbath being special or different etc. I'm not sure I buy it. maybe I'll look into that.

No comments: