Job 33:28

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I just wrote an email to Alan Dart, my a for mentioned favorite knitting pattern maker.

http://www.alandart.co.uk/pages/products

Dear Mr. Dart,

I love the hands on your human(ish) toys, but I've tried and tried and cannot make the hands. I finish the thumbs, but when I do the next row
"inc for fingers- K2, inc 1, (K1, inc 1)twice, K3, inc 1 turn and work these 15 sts only." I find no matter what I do, I only have 11 stitches when it's time to turn.

Is this a misprint or do I just fail at making hands? Are there any videos online that show how to do this technique? Do you have any alternative instructions for hands (as opposed to the instructions for Little Lorelei and Barnacle Bill?)

I'm so sad I can't make hands- they are surely the best bit of your human type dolls. If I could knit hands I would knit tiny disembodied hands for all my friends- and they would say that was creepy, and I would agree, but be ever so happy that it was possible.

Thank you,
Shannon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pk says: I very need a hand.