Job 33:28

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I’ve been looking for a job in the DFW area- so far no luck. This is the problem of being an ESL teacher- nobody knows how many students will come, how many visas will be granted, what will happen between now and August in the international political scene that will change everything- will they freely grant all the visa requests? Will they say half of the students who have been accepted are national security risks? Who knows?

Everyone I’ve talked to are either filled up or can’t tell what they might need until August. The problem, of course, being that I’d greatly like to have a freaking job by that time.

I’m mostly ruled out international jobs on account of I hated the last one. Poor reasoning perhaps, but I found one on the beach in Mexico and well- Mexico isn’t THAT foreign is it? AND it is ON THE BEACH. Is it a nice beach? This shall have to be ascertained before I even consider taking the job.

This would not be the job that helps me pay off my student loans as I was hoping to get at this point. This would be the job on the beach which has completely different benefits.

Benefits:
It’s on the beach
I could possibly learn Spanish, which would defiantly be useful
The pay isn’t great, but most likely enough to keep up with my student loans
It’s on the beach
Did I say it’s on the beach?
There is also a Walmart (!!) How bad could it possibly be if there's a Walmart?
Tacos will be cheap

No comments: