Job 33:28

Monday, February 12, 2007

Everyone (all three of you who read this) has been clamoring for MORE!

Well- here is some more.

I skipped out of work early on Friday. Real early. Like, before I usually show up. I went in for a few hours, did my work and left with my dog, who came to work with me.

We went to a Shabbat meal. I was going to crochet him a tiny a yamaka, but I knew he wouldn't wear it and I think making a dachshund wear a skull cap borders on sacrilegious.

Our host, the resident semi-practicing vegetarian gay Jew welcomed the small dog with much excitement. The party included one Canadian Hindu convert (there is debate as to if one can actually convert to Hinduism) married to an Indian, one Indian who I think was the boyfriend of the host, (but what do I know I have no gay-dar,) one American non-practicing Jew from Georgia, one American woman (whom I’m not sure what she practices, but she did say the prayer in Hebrew, suggested I read a book called –Jesus Lived in India and asked if anyone would be up for a séance,) one Canadian raised in by Hindu/Atheist parents, Buzz and me.

It was a night of many questions. “Why did your dog pee on my bed?” “Why didn’t Moses go into the Promised Land?” “Why is Easter and Passover always at the same time?” “How many more Shabbats will there be before it’s over?” And other interesting things that could have made my head explode.

It was fun.

Obviously I couldn't go back to work- you can't work once you've done Sabbath prayers with Hindus, Atheists and a dog!

No comments: