Job 33:28

Monday, February 12, 2007

Being bored and annoyed has given me a headache all weekend.

Things I've done today:
  • Woke up to the neighbor's laundry woman slapping away at her laundry

  • Heard a chipmunk in heat chirping at the top of its tiny little lungs for a mate.

  • Found the chipmunk in heat chirping at the top of its tiny little lungs for a mate sitting on a window overhang on the next building.

  • Got annoyed by the incredibly loud sound of the chipmunk chirping at the top of its tiny little lungs in the corridor between two cement buildings and echoing off every other cement building for miles around just to setting in my ear and bounce around in the most annoying manner

  • Looked for something to throw at the chipmunk

  • Highly enjoyed throwing 6 cups of water (one at a time) at the chipmunk until it shut up and ran away

    I’ve been reading a book called Games Indians Play. It’s not about Cricket and Soccer if that’s what you’re thinking. It’s supposedly about why Indians throw trash on the street, pee on the sidewalks and always cheat. (Among other things.)
    So far the author (Indian) has made the point that although Indians are smartest people in the world, it’s their huge brains that keep them from doing the right thing. Apparently it just doesn’t make any sense to do the right thing, especially in India where nobody is doing the right thing. Now, if, let’s say you were somewhere else, where everyone does the right thing (because they are after all not so smart as Indians) doing the right thing would be smart. But even when Indians go to a place where doing the right thing would be smart, they don’t do it because they are greedy.
    Wow, right?
    No wonder I have a headache.

    I’ve also watched about 5 episodes of “House, MD” and knitted a tiny pink and purple sweater for my mp3 player. It’s adorable. I somewhat organized my junk, and even started packing up a few things. I’m thinking about having popcorn for dinner and watching the rest of season one of House while I knit a Christmas stocking or a sweater or a scarf or something else utterly useless at this moment in time.

No comments: