Job 33:28

Friday, January 05, 2007

I had a dream on Christmas Eve- maybe it was Christmas day- being on vacation made everything blur together in such a way that I cannot define whether it was a good blur or not.

I took a nap in the afternoon- I usually don’t nap and when I do I usually don’t dream, but I did on Christmas Eve/Day.

I dreamed I was lying on the floor between two arm chairs. I had apparently laid there purposefully. I had a pillow and I was comfortable as though I’d been watching TV or such.

My brother, Michael, was sitting in the chair to my left. Jonnyreb was sitting in the chair to my right. I was trying to get up, but each time I tried I felt as though I was being pushed back down. I tried several times, but I wasn’t worried that I couldn’t get up, more dismayed.

I said, “Do you ever feel like you just can’t get up or move from where you are?” My brother said, “Nope” and got up and left.

Again I was troubled because I didn’t want to ask Jonny for help. So I laid there for a while longer wondering how I was going to get up. During that time Jonny had gotten up from his chair and he was standing by a door behind his chair.

He said, “Get up and come here.” I was up and at his side in an instant. I was so surprised to be standing there in front of him, to have so effortlessly obeyed his call that I woke up.

I thought that was such a strange dream when I woke up. Strange not because if it’s messianic overtones, but more so because I’ve had those kinds of dreams before and it’s usually Michael in the part of the one reminding me, calling me, stirring my spirit.

Michael, an unlikely Messiah in life, has been coming in my dreams for years as a subtle reminder of my spirituality. And here Michael was free to do what he wanted and I was held down and waiting for a call to action.

I’m not sure how Jonny got called into the picture. Although, pk and I had been discussing a thesis she had heard and he had been brought up as a refute earlier that day, (or maybe the day before see blur above.)

She said she had been told that if a man kisses your forehead it means that he really wants to kiss your mouth. The premise is that he is expecting you to look up at him so he can have easy access to your luscious lips.

I said I didn’t think that was always the case- it could be that he was just really fond of you and an affectionate person. Maybe he was a touch-flirty kind of guy and that’s just how he greeted his female friends. Maybe he was trying to convince other people that he wanted to kiss you on the mouth- or maybe those are just my experiences.

One time a French man kissed me on the nose and when I opened my mouth to tell him that was weird he stuck his tongue in my mouth- so maybe men really do have those crazy kinds of strategies.

No comments: