Job 33:28

Sunday, September 17, 2006

So- another birthday-
I got one card in the mail and two through email. I got one package- and there's rumblings of another package being held hostage by FexEX. So much for may equal opportunity Bithday reminder.

Don't worry, I'll respond in kind and forget your birthdays too. Maybe that's the kinder thing at this age anyway.

Today I went to get my hair cut and colored. I got it colored medium brown- mostly just to cover my streak of white hairs.

I got it cut a few inches above my shoulders.

The salon recommened I come back to take care of my "black head problem."

Hmmpt!

Maybe I will!

In other news:

Buzz was viciously attacked by the neighbor's fluffy dog!

It was terrible, but not too terrible, at least he was only a medium sized dog- not one of those big street dogs. The mean fluffy dog pulled loose from his person and went for Buzz. I thought he just wanted to say a little doggie hello, but what he really wanted was a bite of weiner dog!

I beat the fluffy dog with my dog beating stick, until the dog beating stick tragically broke and the man who belonged to the vicious fluffy dog got ahold of him.

I checked Buzz over, he was missing a patch of fur, but no broken skin, so I figured things were okay.

Stupid fluffy dogs- you can't trust them. They look all sweet and innocent with their fuzzy little faces, then BAM! It's the tiny sharp teeth reaching out of that little fuzzy face to bite your weiner dog!

Buzz had a rough day- first the fluffy dog attack- then a funeral- I knew there had been one when I came back from the salon. There were flowers all over the street and Buzz was hiding in the corner when I opened the door.

I'm sure I've mentioned the funerals before - marching bands, fire crackers- large flower "float" for the dead person- it's like a mini parade and lucky me I live near a cemetary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, #18

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Shannon. Let there be rumors of another package. It's ready to go. Just hasn't gone. My wife is a responsible lady. I am not a responsible lady. You are welcome to forget my birthday. But happy one to you.