Job 33:28

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I was walking through my neighborhood when suddenly I was confronted with a herd of goats. Not just 1 or 4 goats as that could be considered “normal” in my neighborhood, a HERD of goats- like 29 goats (or something like that.)

As I considered the oddity of that sight- something caught my eye and I turned my head and saw a sheep . . . on a bicycle.

Think about that. I want you to picture it in your mind’s eye. Let me help you. It was a black sheep, curly wool. It was a big sheep. It was an old fashioned bicycle, with a heavy frame and large wheels. The bell was ringing, (because if any form of transportation is moving, the bell or the horn is also sounding.)

So- big black sheep on old fashioned bicycle –BRRRRIIIIIIIIG! BRIIIIIIING!

Okay so what you just pictured, it wasn’t like that at all. How could it be? But it was fun to think about right?

It was more like this- two teen aged boys, a big black sheep and an old fashioned bicycle.
One boy was driving, and BRIIIIIIING! ringing the bell. The other boy was holding the big black sheep on his lap. The sheep was hanging over on both sides of the boy’s knees. The sheep didn’t seem to think anything out of the ordinary was happening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe the sheep was just happy to get a ride. i would be!

you don't really need television there, do you?

Anonymous said...

Is it possible that the sheep had asked for a ride through the goats, you know, so as not to get all mixed up with the lesser species? Who's to say the sheep wasn't actually in charge of the whole situation?