Job 33:28

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Whenever I’m not reading text books (which has been a very small portion of my life it seems.) I find myself reading many books at the same time, starting many projects and always thinking of more stuff to keep me entertained.

Currently I am reading The Purpose Driven Life, A Year with CS Lewis, The Mammoth Hunters, More Than Love, Eats Leaves and Shoots, and Watercolor for the Absolute Beginner. (that’s me) I’ve just finished Genesis and have started John. I would like to go back to Genesis to do a study. I think it is my favorite book of the Bible. It has so many interesting stories and implications.

I am knitting a Christmas Stocking and cover for my MP3 player, I have a counted cross stitch in the works from last Christmas, and I considered trying to crochet a teddy bear last night. (I got stuck on the stocking pattern, I can K1 and P1 but I don’t know what Sl1 means-- gotta look that up.) I’m trying to teach myself how to watercolor (hence the book.) I have paints and brushes and pencils and paper and books . . . I’m not so good at it. I wish I could post my latest painting. It’s a church . . . it’s purple and yellow and pink . . . When the maintenance man came to fix my cable he tried not to laugh at it.

Ah- it takes me back to the Alamo . . . I would like to point out I think it is much better than my Alamo. What makes it funny (aside from the fact that it’s pink and purple and yellow) is that it’s all crooked. If I had any sense I’d try to find somebody to give me drawing lessons before I try to paint stuff. I know I don’t have a natural talent for this stuff, but it entertains me for cheap so I continue.

I think I started this post to talk about CS Lewis and the Purpose Driven Life . . . but I’ve lost that thread. I’ll think about it for tomorrow. I think I’ll try to paint a tulip now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

doesn't S1 mean slip a stitch or drop it? i don't know. you know more than me!