Job 33:28

Sunday, July 09, 2006


I went to my first Indian movie theater last night. I saw "Superman Returns." Yeah, I didn't know he left, but cool that he's back!

And he's young and cute (bonus!)

My first crush was on Superman. Christopher Reeve was hot. But so is the new guy . . . maybe it's the little curl that survives even when he dives to the bottom of the ocean or flies to into outer space. Maybe it's the the blue tights . . . Whatever. I dig Superman.

I think he's cooler than other superheros (a Wonder Woman exception here) because he was born Super. He didn't have to get radiated, or bitten or be rich to make lots of toys (there's no Superman-mobile) He's just Superman. He's got his curl and his cape and he's ready to save the world, but mostly Lois Lane. That girl is nothing but trouble.

I liked the movie.

Let's talk about the theater now. It only shows one movie at a time. Superman has been there for the past two weeks. I think "Pirates of the Caribbean" will come next. The theater doesn't look like much from the outside. You have to go up and reserve tickets ahead of time because nearly every show is sold out. You buy specific seats. An usher seats you. (Fancy) There is intermission, but it's called something else . . . I don't remember what they called it. You can buy tiny amounts of popcorn. It was hard to tell how many people were in the theater. I wouldn't have guessed that many, but when the movie ended, and they turned the lights on before the credits had even started, it took a while to get out.

I was starting to get a little freaked. I was having flashes of Mardi Gras in New Orleans . . . seas of people . . . inching along . . . little pushes from behind. If someone had yelled "Fire!" I'd be dead. That many people.

I don't fare well with that many people. India may not have been the ideal choice for me after all. I mean I do live in a small city (of 8 milion!).

Indians, they are everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least it isn't koreans. be thankful for something. i live in a city of a million of them. I wasn't a real fan of the movie....too slow for me. Liked kevin as lex. superman was cute, but i didn't like lois. Maybe it is b/c she has her hots for Orlando bloom. Loved Pirates.....can't wait to see the third one.