Job 33:28

Monday, June 26, 2006

I’m taking a break. This is my first day at work “on my own.” I have accomplished next to nothing. I have attempted to accomplish at least two or three things.

I did my first report and after sweating over it for over an HOUR (that’s a long time for me to do any one thing) I got a ‘server error.’

I’m in a freaking room full of software engineers, but I had to call the “global helpdesk” (in the US) so that they could route me to-- you guessed it-- an Indian SE (software engineer, remember that so I don’t have to type it out each time) so that he could transfer me to another one so that he could tell me I had contacted the wrong department.

My job is to help the communication process between Indian SEs and North American customers and I didn’t understand what my guy was saying. That was on account of his accent as much as I didn’t even know what I was asking him to do. I only knew that my computer wasn’t doing what I wanted it to do and nobody on my team knew how to deal with it.

It still doesn’t work.

Drat.

No comments: