Job 33:28

Monday, June 12, 2006



I took my camera out for a walk yesterday, got some very jiggly video of my neighborhood and a few stills.

These little girls (and about 12 other kids) saw my camera and ran after me shouting "Auntie! Auntie! Camera!" I got some video, they seemed please with the whole thing.

I've got a website ready to download videos for the world to watch, just need time to get it up and running. I'll let you know when that happens.

I went in for my first day of orientation at Microsoft today. I got the tour of the complex. There are 5 or 6 buildings in the "IT park" and Microsoft has two buildings. Really one and a half, as they share one with IBM.

It all makes perfect sense, IBM has floors 2 and 4, MS has 1,3,5. That must have been a brilliant idea at one point in time. Right now it comes across as odd since you can't use the elevators to get to all the floors, nor can you use the stairs to get to some of the floors from certain other floors, so you just have to know whether to take elevator or stairs to which floor according to which floor you are currently on. My desk is on the third floor, I don't really know exactly how to get there.

I got registared as a foreign (devil) today. This gives me all the rights of a national. Now I can go to the zoo and pay in rupees instead of dollars. (Yeah me!)

Tomorrow I start my evening schedule, next week (I guess) I'll start my night schedule. I hope that goes well, because right now there is some sort of construction going on in the next lot and radomly spaced through out the day since I got here there is an ungodly-loud rumbling machine just outside my bedroom window starting and stoping any time between 6am and 11pm.

Tune in next time for "Scary Fruit Bats of Bangalore," and "The Smell of Jackfruit."

No comments: