Job 33:28

Sunday, December 18, 2005

have you come across nutella in your travels? so im sitting at a hostel called babel fish in wurtzburg germany eating a a roll with nutella i snagged from the last hostel. im hanging out here waiting for my next train to go to frankfurt from frankfurt to hahn where i do not pass go, but straight on to rome. in rome i expect i will get lost and then make it into the next hostel about 11 or 12 midnight hopefully sooner though

i got a 'snow ball' desert, a regional specialty that tastes strangely like a pepero stick all rolled up into a ball. appearenly they are not so popular among the natives. some woman argued with me yesterday about whether or not i liked it. she said, 'Do you like it?'
i said 'yes, its alright.'
she said 'no!'
i said, 'its not bad'
she said, 'no! no good white, no good black! no good!' (white = powdered sugar black = chocolate)
I said, 'i like it.'
she said, 'no.'
so i said, 'okay' and left.

i learned all about the prince bishop of wurtzburg, he had to retire when Napoleon came and took over the world, but until then he appearenlty kept his fat butt planted right here in the city. they showed us his toilet, it was a beautiful piece of furtiture, which looked like a small chest of drawers.
but low, it opened up into a throne!

it also seems that back in the day it was a great honor to be recieved by kings on their 'thrones' if you know what i mean. ummm, YUCK!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh an old art that needs to be put back into circulations! (giggle!)

Anonymous said...

What's up international woman of mystery?

Glad to hear you are surviving the cold etc... To bad you didnt tell me you were taking a european tour I could have hooked you up with all my x-girlfriends.... hahahha

Anywho ha. Glad to hear your having fun! Look forward to the stories when you get back.

I am moving to Washington DC. Will be there the 3rd of Jan so come visit!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's snowing where you are at in Germany! I wish we were getting snow. It's pretty cold here but doubtful that we will get a white Christmas. We've had five in a row, though, they said on TV; So I guess we can't complain. :0)

By the way, Arlington is supposed to have a high of 68 degrees on Christmas Eve. That doesn't sound very Christmassy.

I looked up nutella and it looks good! I should have known hazel nuts would have been involved- those wacky Germans! Wacky?...Crazy?...Yes. If someone asks me what could be crazier than (something), my usual response is, "The Filbert Nut."

At least I can go get me a Toffifay tonight and pretend and get the nutella experience that way.

...What could be crazier than that?!?

Mein Liebling, mien Toffifay!!!

Anonymous said...

For those living in good old Arlington, Nutella is found next to the honey and peanut butter at your grocery store....be happy, be addicted!