Job 33:28

Sunday, October 09, 2005

I am generally not a good source for news, but I cannot keep from mentioning there are over 1,000 dead in Pakistan resulting from an earthquake centered outside of Islambad. Pakistan, Kashmir, Afghanistan and India were all effected. This event, like many similar others before it will not effect us (Americans) directly. It was on the news today, tomorrow we are allowed to forget.
It's hard for me to forget.
Over 1,000 dead in Guatemala, land slides in the mountains resulting from the rain from Hurrican Stan.
I can't forget tomorrow.
I've been to these places. I've seen these lives, I've seen the everyday struggle. And now so many have lost what little they had.
Hope is free, but sometimes even that is hard to come by.

Remember this.
Pray for true love.
Pray for hope.
Pray for charity.
Remember this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for them and their survivors tomorrow in church. I'll remember them; I know I will, because I'll be reminded to pray for them when I pray for you. And I will pray for love, hope, and charity (among other things) for these people. You see,I pray, most importantly, for people to make it to heaven- whether it's too late and my prayers can do anyone any good or not, I think it's never wrong to ask. God says to lay out our concerns in front of him in our prayers, and to me the most important thing I can ever pray for anyone is that they can make it to heaven.

I know how strong and sincere your love for other people are, and I understand that you have special concerns about people from this region and others who have difficult struggles; I have printed out this entry, and God willing, I will be in church tomorrow and will pray for them with you.