Job 33:28

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I watched "My Name is Earl" and "Bones" this past week. Although I really liked Earl, I doubt I will be dutifully be watching either show. "Bones" was ever-so-much like CSI, which I like, but seriously, enough is enough.

They made a smart-show dumb mistake which irritated me. It was a story about a guy who crashed his car into a building, and the building blew up because there were explosives attached to the car. It was considered an act of terrorism. The body in the car is too burned up to ID, so they call in the forensic/anthropoligical expert. She determines through his bone structure and other stuff that the driver was an Afghan who was a peace ambassador between Muslim groups and the US government.

So . . . they go talk to his wife who gets angry that they automatically assume he's a terrorist just because he's "Arab." I know they both start with A, but Afghans and Arabs are not the same peoples; an Afghan would readily point that out, as would an Arab. Oh well, I guess that little slip won't effect most of the American population, so whatever. I thought the acting was stiff, but I suppose I'd watch it again if I was bored.

Earl, however, I'd love to watch Earl. He was funny. No time, but I'm not worried, it will come out on DVD-- then I will have time! Some quotes if you please: said the day hooker: "I tried Earl! I did! I told him he was handsome, but he just ran away. I even pulled out my good boob!" and then said Earl's brother: "I think you're trying to sell a cat to a man of fancy dogs."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about the dumb mistake in a smart show being extra annoying. It's like the time on the X-Files when they found some secret files stored in a very damp underground chamber. And this is the future? A science fiction show making a science fact mistake like that? Maybe they will discover that paper files should be kept wet someday (ala Woody Allen's Sleeper).

I haven't seen "My Name is Earl" yet, but I am anticipating seeing it.

fp