Job 33:28

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My professor said this:

“The epiglottis comes up and touches the pharyngeal wall, and that’s awesome!”
Ah, linguists, they are funny to me.

What I've learned this week: late in my academic career I realize that it is really easy to type notes in class . . . I should have had a lap top all this time. Blast it!

Back to class-- my first few days of the semester are always interesting, observing people and learning about them as much as about the class topic-- the girl in front of me with her beautiful slender fingers and perfect almond fingernails, and her beard. And there is Ellen who is beautiful and exotic (and she knows it) but her personality seems flat and her sense of humor is MIA. And in a class of 20 there is one man, and several missionaries who can be picked out according to hair style and clothing.

"Un bon vin blanc" is a is a French phrase which uses all nasal vowels. FYI.

No comments: