Job 33:28

Saturday, July 30, 2005

I went to the second hand store yesterday (even though I know I shouldn't, sometimes I just want to buy something and since "real" stores are out of the question, I comfort myself with goofy things other people have cast off.) and I bought three fabulous and random things.

1. an Easter egg jello-jigglers mold- note I don't even like jello and it's no where near Easter
2. a cookie press- note I don't remember the last time I made cookies, nor do I know any
recipes for or how to use a cookie press
3. a wool hat - note that it is 98 degrees outside in the middle of TX summer

It's all so beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I "inherited" my grandmother's cookie press. As in, it was one of the few things that none of the family hoarders or sentimental loved ones chose to take home. Go figure.

Chocolate Butter Cookies

1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter, softened
1 egg yolk
1 t. almond extract
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa

Heat over to 375 F. In large bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT flour and cocoa. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 min). Add flour gradually and cocoa gradually until well mixed (2-3 min). Eat raw or press in your handy-dandy cookie press. Bake 7-9 minutes. Cool and decorate with sugar because half a cup sure doesn't do it. Makes 3 dozen.