Job 33:28

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Here is a marker of life:

Barbara E. Hindle: September 12, 1924 – December 15, 2003

It is impossible for me to define a life which helped to define mine, but here I honor my grandmother’s memory. My spiritual leader and provider.

She had a misunderstood daughter in my mother, and I believe she strove to correct her perceived failings in me.

I can only hope I gave her something in return.

She had a family burial plot, but she chose instead to be cremated and to have her ashes scattered in the same lake my mother’s ashes had been scattered. My aunt said the idea fascinated my grandmother, to have those ashes travel the lakes and rivers, to reach the Gulf, and move on the oceans- to move at one with my mother, just once.

I rejoice her body and spirit have found a better way. I rejoice that she has been and will always be part of who I am.


No comments: