Job 33:28

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

I heard a song today that made me smile. It was called, and I will quote, "What Would Willie Do?" "Willie loves all people, Willie loves all races, he even made a hit country song with Julio Iglasis, and that's not easy" It was a tribute song of all the greatness of Willie Nelson. It told of his adventures and misadventures, about the time his wife, whom he beat when he was drunk, how she one day had had enough so when he passed out, she sewed him up in a sheet and beat him with a broom stick. It talked about how he handled it when the IRS took all his stuff, his house, his golf course, all his cars. All he had left in the world was his tour bus, his four semis full of equipment and his crew of 40 people. But he bounced right back.

Indeed, Willie is an icon.

Another thing that made me smile today was the Asian man I saw crossing the road. I don't always smile at Asian men crossing the road, but this one was wearing high water pants that would have kept him dry for day in the time of Noah's flood. He had on white socks and black shoes. Very cute.

Just before that I had been sitting at a stop light listening to CCR when I suddenly realized that I was way into a shoulder dance. Blessed are the tinted windows.

No comments: