Job 33:28

Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Today I played the “I’m just a girl . . . with a car” game. It works every time. I have needed to put air in The Buick tires for some time. But putting air in the tires is one of those things. One of those things I just can always find a reason to put off, like vacuuming. It’s not hard, nor is it time consuming, but I just don’t want to do it.

I decided today I had put if off long enough, so when I got gas, I bought a tire gauge. I checked the pressure, and while the little stick should have poked out to 32, it only poked out to 20 on the lowest tire and 25 on the highest.

So I went back into the gas station to get change for the air machine. Thus begins the game:

Me: I need quarters please.
Gas station guy: Here you go.
Me: So, when you put air in your tires, if the tire says 35 P-S-I this little stick should poke out to 35 when you’re done right?
GSG: Yeah, but 35 sounds like a lot.
Me: Oh? That’s what it says on the tire.
GSG: I always put in 32.
Me: Okay, I’ll put in 32.
GSG: If you put in the code 2-6 before you put your quarters in the machine will turn on.
Me: It won’t turn on if I don’t put in 2-6?
GSG: Not without your quarters.
Me: So I put in 2-6 and then my quarters?
GSG: Not if you want to keep your quarters.
Me: Oh! Okay! Thanks!
----

Outside, I punch in the code, the machine comes on and I start filling up the first tire.

GSG: How’s it going?
Me: Oh, okay I guess.
GSG: Here, let me do it for you.
Me: Okay.

Three tires later, I say “Thanks!”
He goes back into the gas station mini-mart. Good has been done.

No comments: