Job 33:28

Wednesday, January 15, 2003

I went to see "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" last night. It was free movie
night at the university. Pretty good movie. The place was packed out and
this guy came up, asked if the seats next to me were taken. I said no, so
he and his friend sat down. Then he looked at me like he knew me, and said,
"Don't pretend like you don't know who I am." I gave him a blank look and
thought, "I don't know who you are." He said, "Come on! I'm Bob, your
ex-roommate's, sister's fiancé!" Oh yes, it's all coming back to me now--
indeed that is who he was. Friendly little critter.

There is a line in the movie where the daughter wants something, but she
doesn't think she will get it because her father will never agree. She
tells her mother, and the mother says don't worry, "He is the head of the
household, but the woman, she is the neck, and she turns him which ever way
she wants to go." Everyone started laughing. I just smiled. Bob said,
"Didn't you think that was funny?" I said, "Yes, it's a great truth, it's
from the prophecy of Zerubabble in the Apocrypha." It was his turn to give
me a blank look. He said, "Ah, Zerubabble" like he knew what I was talking
about.

No comments: