Job 33:28

Wednesday, December 25, 2002

A Christmas conversation in the Hughes' car:

A screech from the back seat quickly followed by a second screech
Dan:What?!
(third screech)
Dan: What’s wrong!
Sarah: It pinched me!
Dan: Why is it out in the car?!
(sobbing)
Sarah: I was holding it, I didn’t know it would pinch me!
Dan: That’s why I told you not to take it out!
Sarah: I forgot! (sob, sob)
Dan: You forgot? I just said it when we got in the car!
Sarah: I know you said, but I didn’t know- I forgot! IT PINCHED ME! I HATE IT! (sob)
Ayesha: (burst into tears)
Sarah: I hate it!
Dan: Did it pinch you too Ayesh?
Ayesha: (sobbing) no .. .
Dan: Why are you crying?
Ayesha: It pinched her! And Sarah hates my crab!!
Sarah: Stupid crab!
Dan: It’s not the crab’s fault.
Sarah: I hate it! I hate it!
Ayesha: I’m never going to touch it again!

half hour later:

Ayesha: Daddy?
Dan: Yes, Love
Ayesha: Thank you for giving me my crab, I love it.
Dan: Yes, I knew you would.
Sarah: Stupid crab

No comments: