Job 33:28

Tuesday, November 12, 2002

The Greek Festival was a bust. The food, (which although looked yummy enough) was way expensive,(turned out to be a church fund-raiser) and they had already run out of vegetarian mousaka, so what was the point? There were alot of people there, I extimate 90% non-Greek, non orthodox-- I suspect they were mostly Southern Baptists looking for some Saturday night grub, being unwilling to wait for the Sunday night church pot-luck.

The music was okay, the dancing was sub-par and the costumes, well they didn't want to make me cry out "opa!" to say the least. The icons didn't inspire me and the pillars were dissapointing. While I wanted to blow out the prayer candles, one of my companions wanted to steal the offering and the other was offended we (girls) couldn't approach the alter so she suggested we "dance naked" on it.

In the end we settled for a New York style pizza and Harry Potter. Does that count as an intercultural religious experierence?

No comments: