Job 33:28

Thursday, July 23, 2026

I'm okay!

The other day I parked in a new place and decided to take a shortcut to my destination. I quickly realized not all shortcuts are created equal. 

I fell in a hole. 

Fortunately, it was a short hole. ( The hole was covered in grass okay?)

I fell in about mid-calf and pitched forward to scrape my knees. Nothing major injured, just a bump and a scrape. 

The first thing I did when I fell down was look around to see if anyone was looking. 

There is nothing worse than falling down when someone is looking.  No matter what happens next, if someone is looking, it will be humiliating.  If they just look at you and do nothing- terrible, rude! Humiliating.  If they laugh, horrible, rude! Humiliating.  If they rush over and say “Oh my goodness, are you OKAY?!” Ugh- nice, kind- Humiliating. 

Nobody was looking, so I stood up, dusted myself off, and walked to my destination with the confidence of a woman of a certain age who did not, indeed, just fall into a hole.  My left knee does hurt - little bit.

🙁"I’m okay!" (As my 8-year-old yells as she keeps running away when she falls or trips, but doesn't need attention.)


No comments: