There were signs all over town that say “We are Dallas!” In fact, we are NOT Dallas. in the past there have been signs up that say, “Don’t Dallas my Arlington!” The Dallas Cowboys play in Arlington, and AT&T Stadium, which was temporarily renamed “Dallas Stadium” for FIFA. We hosted 9 games here. The first game was The Netherlands and Japan. What a fun crowd! There was an ocean of orange for the fan march and quite a fun looking party in the streets, an another party in Walmart! The Japanese were equally as pleasant, so congenial and humble. We saw some fans in the grocery and they bowed, and we bowed, and they bowed and we bowed our way right out of the fresh produce section. Then the Japanese completed their ritual of cleaning up the stadium after their game. How lovely! The second game was England Croatia (I think?)
I was waiting to pull out into the road when the game let out and a whole parade of fans walked in front of me. I saw that most of them were England fans, and let me tell you, they looked defeated. It was 97 degrees F and at least the same percentage of humidity. It was miserable. They were slogging along, practically swimming through the moist, hot air and puddles of their own perspiration. They were pouring water on their heads and doing their best not to melt. Poor duckies. Later I found out England had won! This kind of weather will certainly take it out of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment