Job 33:28

Thursday, June 06, 2024

Summer list 2024

 I have a list of the things I try to do each day in the summer.

I don't get to all of them, but this is a way of building habits.

1. I listen to the bible in a year podcast. (I completed the 2022 podcast, even if it did take 1.5 years)

2. I study Spanish on Duolingo. (I got a 400+ day streak in French.)

3. I complete some training required for work. (I'm trying to get all my online training complete before classes start, AND get my curriculum worked out for each six-week grading period during this summer= GOALS.)

4.  I work on the never-ending tasks of laundry and dishes. What can I say? We love to eat and get dirty.

5. I draw or paint something. I completed my little notebook last year- I've been working on my "Praying in Color" notebook.  I have about 35 pages left. Here is Joy from the Fruit of the Spirit series.

6. I 'yarn' something. This is what my children call anything I do with yarn. I am *ALMOST* done with last year's goal of 100 baby booties to donate.  So close now!

7. I organize- or try to organize something- this includes getting rid of things we don't need. Need?  We don't even want lots of it.  We are all pack rats.

8. I clean something I have been actively avoiding for a while. Yesterday I bleached the floor in the bathroom.  I'm allergic to bleach- so even though I needed to do it for ever so long- in the end it wasn't really that bad of a job.

9. I read a few pages (or more) from a book that I want to read.  I'm rereading The Red Tent now.  I'm not sure what's next.  

10. I relax.- I mean half of the things on this list are relaxing things- but I make sure to include it just for funsies. This usually means watching TV and knitting or taking a nap. 😏

There are a few more things I would like to add- but I haven't yet.

I would like to take a walk each day.  

I would like to sew something each day.

I would like to start spinning again.

Yesterday while organizing I found my long-lost first spool of spun wool.  That little gem deserves its own  post.  

I would like to write something each day.

I would like to sleep more too, but I have so many other unnecessary things to do!


No comments: