Job 33:28

Thursday, June 13, 2024

All the princesses


 I don't remember wanting to be a princess when I was a little girl. No, I take it back.  I did want to be a princess.  I wanted to be Wonder Woman- who is of course a SUPER-godess-Princess.

My girls all had (or are currently having) a princess stage.

Much of our princess inspiration came from shoes.  They all liked dresses for a while, tiaras, jewelry etc- but the shoes . . .  They needed to wear the princess shoes at every possible opportunity. I wish I had a picture of the shoes of the other girls once they had finished with them.

The shiny shoes, the 'high heels,' the bows, the sparkles, and the beatdown that little kids give to their favorite shoes.

E's first word was 'shoe.' One of her favorite pairs of shoes was a pair of shiny pink cowboy boots. She wore them until they were two sizes too small, and worn down to nubs. Then we got her a new pair of cowboy boots.  She wore them down too.  Now she's a Converse girl, but sometimes the heels still call to her.

L's favorite shoes were red flats with red glitter all over them. I would find red glitter all over the place. No matter what other color she was wearing, she also had to wear those red "there's no place like home" shoes. She was so hard on shoes that she wore out the first pair, and when I said she couldn't wear them anymore because they fell apart she wouldn't stand for it.  She insisted that she NEEDED those shoes. I went and bought another pair.  This one is very picky about shoes and socks.  If they aren't just right for her she refuses to wear them. I've learned that Sketchers usually work.

T's favorite shoes are above. These are 'Elsa shoes.' I had to throw them away in secret.  Even though they haven't fit in over a year- she would try to stuff her little feet into them if I gave her a chance.  This girl is now working through a pair of pink princess shoes, but she'll need something new soon.

My girls are all excited that this year they are transferring schools.  The new school does not have a uniform- which of course means they can wear any color and style of shoes they want.  

Viva the princess shoes!

No comments: